Saturday, January 31, 2015

So I Hadn't exactly examined my motives before...

February 2015


Character Motivation:


What is the main motivation behind your characters?
Generally some version of protecting the people they care about. Which is generally friends and occasionally family- and I didn't realize that I did this, so thanks for the question.
Where do you come up with that motivation?

I find that it's generally intrinsic to the characters and becomes a force in the plot- even if the motive wasn't there to begin with.

Do you tend to use the same sort of motivation in every novel, or do you tend to mix it up more?

I'd say that they're all aspects of hte same thing? I have difficulty in varying my main characters, though I am working on a story that I hope will be different, but it's still in the plotting stages. The characters haven't had a chance to hijack it yet.

What is your favorite example of character motivation?

I like the selfish ones that accidentally start caring and being responsible. Oops?


Bonus: Share with us an excerpt from your current or completed novel(s) that demonstrates your favorite example of character motivation.
No bonus points for me, it's all in my head. Which is kinda sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment